life

June, what is it now? oh yes June 30.
Today has been life altering, it was filled with competition and definite stress.
I began the day at approximately 5 am...I was in such a state of panic that I wouldn't wake up this morning that I continually checked my alarm every time I thought I had fallen back to sleep. In reality it was a mere five minutes later then the last time I had checked it. 8:10, I take the C subway train to upper west side, 42 street Times Square...I stopped for a quickie a.k.a in my world "Starbucks" ;) it was a fabulous soy Cinnamon Dolce latte until I realize I forgot to use my Starbucks card...well there goes five buckaroos! At 9 sharp Fashion Concepts class commenced...with professor O'Neill or as he prefers "terry?" is a man of many questions...I am going to need some time to figure him out. We learned of fabrics, tailoring, fashion terminology,  and above all the importance of our croquis. These are the drawings and sketches that create the basis for all our designs...the mannequin drawings with clothing on them, for those of you who need a visual. He led us four blocks south of Parsons to a world renowned fabric store (every fabric imaginable...every single one) it is called B&J's, it is where Ralph Lauren and Marc Jacobs (to name a few) get their fabrics when creating their collections. I felt like a kid in a candy store, only this candy was made with a special flavour, one that is only tasted once in a lifetime.  I sincerely could have grabbed every fabric and been happy for years...just sitting with it. Drawing class...god I suck at visual art...it is quite funny actually. It is time to show our homework...ehemm...yep not happening. I sit quietly until "Carly?" i shamefully walk towards him with a worrisome smile...he laughs. I haven't felt this way in long time, I never put myself in a position to feel inferior...I like the challenge, I need the challenge...my bubble needs some pin pricks to pop it. I need to get out of my comfort zone. A"comfort" zone that consists of drama, fear, drama oh and more drama. I am sitting in my bed just thinking of what my life has planned for me, and I can kind of see the path...it is blurry ahead but all I know is that past the blur and confusion there is a bright and reasurring light. I just know one day my name will be in those lights I see up ahead...."CARLY RICHMAN...STARRING IN..." but who knows right ;)

3 comments:

sandradawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
teambronx said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.